Friday, September 21, 2007

CJC and Sterling Komiks


Ok, here it is. My personal opinion regarding the new released Carlo J. Caparas and Sterling Komiks. But instead of me start yapping on the things that I like and don't like. I decided to segregate it by using a wish list.

I know that there is already a small buzz in the net that there will be an improvement on the next issue. And a new title which CJC is not included and will be based on an indie comics is already on the study table. But as of now, those are still remain to be seen, and they are still promises. But I remain to be optimistic about it. And I hope that it will push through.

Wish #1 - The paper quality
At the very first time I heard of this P10 komiks, I know that the quality of paper will be crap. Because, come on. You get what you paid for. But the question is, is this really what the masses want? I personally would say "no". CJC and Sterling might disagree on me, because they would say "What do you mean, they dont like paper crap? We are sold out.". And I would say to them "You are sold out, FOR NOW.", and you really cannot tell if the masses will still buy low quality paper on the coming issues to come. I for one, bought the 5 komiks simply for curiosity. I wanted to see what is the buzz is all about. But after seeing the quality of paper. Buying 1 title of any of the 5 komiks next time, remains to be a BIG question in my mind right now.

I wish for a better paper quality. I am much willing to pay for P20 to P25 just to have a quality komiks on my hand. I prefer for quality, instead of quantity. But I totally understand why Sterling pushed for the P10 price. I think they want to capture the market first and jack up the price later.

Wish #2 - Higher page rate
Since now as they say that the sales are very high. I think it is only appropriate to increase the page rate of the artist. By doing this, we can have a little insurance that the artist would do its best and produce his best art possible. Because to be frankly speaking. I was not really impress on the art. With the exemption of a few artist. The art is simply old school from old people. Younger generation of artist should be included.

Wish #3 - Super hero based stories
I am not really into this telenovela on the comics stuff. Maybe I am just very much used to read Marvel and DC comics. Telenovela stories is I think for house wives and maid that has too much time on their hands. But for me, it's not. Again, I understood Sterling that their target are the so called "Masses". But the least that they could do is to create at lease one Super hero based story.

And by the way... the 4 to 5 page story kinda irritates me. It is simply too short.

No comments: