Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Kalayaan Comics on Digital Format

(click image to enlarge)

Kalayaan comics is now available in Digital format. And it is translated to English so that non-tagalog speaking/reading people could also understand my comics. There is this great debate on the internet between other Filipino indie comics creator on what language we should use. Because if we use tagalog (our major local dialect in the Philippines), some people will say that we should use English to capture a wider audience. And if we use English, some people will say that we are not being nationalistic or patriotic. In my case, I just created both format. I sell printed comics that is written in tagalog, and I also sell my comics on English digital format through Flipreads targeted for the international market.

It is just a little bit tedious doing both format. As of this writing, I already published 12 issues of tagalog printed version. And for the English digital format, I already translated the first 3 issues and it is up at Flipreads website and ready for download. It only cost P60 each or around $1.40 per download.

Kalayaan #3 click here -> http://www.flipreads.com/book/kalayaan-3/

Kalayaan #2 click here -> http://www.flipreads.com/book/kalayaan-2/

Kalayaan #1 click here -> http://www.flipreads.com/book/kalayaan-1/

Please do support Filipino indie comics. By buying our books, you are helping us to continue on what we do, which is to revive or rejuvenate the Filipino komiks industry. Thank you very much.



No comments: