Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What the heck

(click image to enlarge)

I have an 82 (46%) votes in www.komikon.org for the “GRASSROOT AWARD”. It is the category for the independent (indie) comics creator / publisher. I have to click the refresh button in my browser many times, just to check that I was getting the correct data just to make sure. I just simply could not believe it. I was stunned, because the last time I checked, I was only 4th in ranking in this category. And people that are nominated there are exceptionally good.This how ever does not guarantee me of winning. Because the organizers of Komikon also have to tally the votes in DeviantArt.com (DA) and the old school manual ballot voting that is conducted on a selected comics shops. I checked the Komikon DA page but the voting is already closed. So I do not have any idea on how I did there. But the last time I checked, I was 4th or 5th (I think).


Kalayaan comics (one scene) was also nominated in the “Best Comic Scene”. But I have little or no hope of winning that one. But that is okay, better luck next time. :-)

For those who vote for me, from the bottom of my heart, thank you very much.


-Gio Paredes

2 comments:

Randy Albert said...

Congrats Sir!

Gio Paredes said...

Salamat Randy. :-)