Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ready for Komikon 2011

I have just finished printing KALAYAAN #12. This issue, together with all the back issues (from #1 to 11) will be available this coming Nov.19 at KOMIKON 2011.


Aside from Kalayaan #12. I will also launch Kalayaan #0 on Komikon. This will contain a 2 page origin, characters profile and pin-ups. This black and white cover will sell for only P10. I am still working on the colored version which will sell at P20.




I apologize to those that are expecting Kalayaan Volume 1 to come out this Komikon. I'm afraid that it will not be available until early next year. As much as I want to release it this November, I just could not. This is due to the lack of funds (as usual). With that said, I just want to re-post about this painting for sale created by Ed Tadeo.

Kalayaan Painting for Sale.

This magnificent piece is done by international artist Edgar Tadeo. This painting is 10.5″w x 14.5″h watercolor paper, Gouache painting. He will be selling this piece at the upcoming Komikon 2011 on November 19 in Bayanihan Center in Pasig (Pioneer Street). The event will start from 10:00am and end at 7:00pm. The price will start at P2,000 to P3,000. If you ask my humble opinion. Getting this kind of quality art from an artist known world wide is very much a bargain. A painting of mountains and a bunch of trees from an unknown artist could already sell for around P5,000 to P10,000. So with only a fraction of that price, you could already get this one of a kind art.

Boss Ed was so kind enough to sell this for the benefit of raising funds for the printing of my comics. As you might know, independent comics creators here in the Philippines rarely profited from the sales of our comics. Most of the time, we are already happy if we even hit the break even line. So we(the indies) really need all the help we could get. That is why I was so happy when I receive a message from him about this. Thank you very much boss Ed. :-)


No comments: