Saturday, December 03, 2011

San Pablo Comics Festival


I just recently attended the San Pablo Comics Festival in Laguna, and it was a lot of fun. I'm between 2 Filipino comic book Superstar. On the left (with the DSLR camera) is Carlo Pagulayan (Planet Hulk,Fantastic 4). And on the right is Gerry Alanguilan (inker Superior,Superman birthright).

I just got the copies of Kalayaan Vol.1 from Jon Zamar straight from the printing press. I was so happy with printed copy that it turned out so beautiful.

Thank you very much to Budjette Tan (creator of Trese) for Buying a copy of Kalayaan Vol.1.

I finally got my picture taken with the legendary catoonist Pol Medina Jr. The creator of Pugad Baboy.
With the cartoonist Freely Abrigo. The creator of Kulas and Kapitan Tog : ang superhero na laging na-uuntog.

With Randy Valiente doing only P50 per head sketches. And those were not really sketches in my eyes. Those were a real life portraits. People at San Pablo were very very lucky to get such a bargain. I was really impressed with the speed and quality of output art.

On the bus with the very tired Gener Pedrina (Sandugoan) going home.


No comments: