Monday, October 08, 2007

I hate spoilers

The whole Philippines had just watched Pacman beat Barrera yesterday. But 3 hours before the fight ended. I already know who won! Thanks to our neighbor who came to our at our door steps and announced it bluntly to us, they say that they heard it from the radio. And 30 minutes after that, I received a text message from a good friend saying that it will reach the 12 round and Pacquiao wins by a unanimous decision. The cranky guy in me kicks in and I replied “Hayup ka, Spoiler, Grrrrrrrrr.”. After a few minutes, my tiny conscience also kicked in and I send another text message, saying “Joke only, but I hope next time, don’t be a spoiler please.”

These people are close friends of mine. And my neighbor are a very good neighbor. And I just think they were just very exited about the outcome of the fight. But I hope next time, they would also think that by doing this, they are taking away the excitement of the whole experience.

Anyway, regarding on the fight. Even that it was not a knock out, that I was hoping it would be. It was still a victory for all Filipinos. Pacquiao won by unanimous decision. Even though with Barerras dirty punches. Barerra still did not change from their last fight. He was constantly punching him while they are in closed contact with each other. One of the instances was the referee was already in between them. This already had happened during their first fight, and Barrera had a one point deducted by the Referee. And yesterday, he also did the same cheap shot. Pacquiao faced and went in to the ropes as some how his eyes were hurt. Im not really sure if he had a point deduction, but I think Barerra should have gotten a point deduction for it. The referee also went on with a time out for the doctor to check on the damage. But at the end of the fight, Barrera suffer a nasty cut on this right cheek, because of the hard blow of Pacquiao.

Another victory for Manny Pacquiao and for the Filipinos.

Thanks Pacman.

No comments: