Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My version of Wasted


I have been reading WASTED webcomics of Gerry Alanguilan since day one that it was available online. Even though I did not bought the printed copy, I am pretty much familiar with the plot of the story, because of the written reviews and written interview that are posted all over the net. I have been tempted many times to email Gerry regarding it. But I had a second thought that he may say that I am just pulling his leg or something. And I am pretty much sure that Gerry already have received many emails from other people regarding Wasted. I also wanted to protect some people on what I am about to say here. Up to now, I am still having second thoughts.

Reading through the first wasted pages reminded me on how I felt back then. Somehow, as pathetic as it may sound. It has opened the wound that has already been healed.


I wanted to email Gerry, on how I could relate with the things that he has felt at those dark times. Yes, I was also dump by the girl that I once loved. She went to another guy and left me alone. She was my girl friend for two years and suddenly she left me. It was 1995, just a few months before I graduate from college. And it is still a mystery to me on how I could have graduated at that time, because of the psychological problems that I was facing. I could remember my self putting pillows on my mouth as I shout out my anger and pain, alone, locked on my room. I could also remember cutting a wound on my left arm because of the sorrow that I felt. Despite it all, I did not hate her. There were a very thin line separating my mind from insanity back then.

I wish I could write more about it here.... but doing so will not be the best thing for me.
I just needed an outlet of the things that is inside my head. Suffice to say, the similarity and timing of the series of unfortunate events that had happened both on our lives are uncanny.

If you have someone that you love. Make sure that you make them feel that you love them, every single day. Cherish every minute and every moment of it. For you will never know the things that are wonderful until that they are gone.

No comments: