Sunday, March 23, 2008

Weird Cartoons Today

I don't know if it is me, or is the cartoon show today are getting weirder and weirder. I was a little bit concern this past few days of holiday on my youngest daughter Catherine with an age 4. She is having fun watching these new weird cartoons that they have. When I tried to change the channel, she had her tantrum over me. Rather than having this small channel fight with her, I just simply let her be as I shake my head watching this weird cartoons.

1.) The Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy.
How could any person have the Grim Ripper to be his best friend?
The irritating voice of Bill isn't funny at all which is driving me crazy.
Mandy is the tough little girl that never smiles, acts like a boss, think she know it all, very arrogant, no sense of humor bitch. I just wanna SMACK this character and say... "see who's though now hah".
And Grim... the most awful grim ripper that I ever seen. His dialog is boring and he is not funny. Aside from that, the scene is weird. One time Grimm dated a Gothic girl and they eat on a diner. And every body acts as if they are a normal person. Where is the logic in that. If that was to happen on real life. People will run screaming for they life once they see them coming from a mile away.



2.) Courage the cowardly dog.
At first, I thought that this would be a funny cartoon. A dog named Courage as coward ... right?
I guess not. The story line and plot of this cartoon is just darn weird. Image a grumpy old man and her wife lives on the middle of no ware with their dog. They live on a middle of a desert, with miles and miles of sand. I can only visualize a movie version of this with a real person on it with a title "The Twilight Zone".


3.) CatDog
Every time I see this cartoon, I always get an impression that the creator of this character are on DRUGS. It is clearly that they live on a different weird dimension. Not in my wildest dream that I would see such character.

Call me old fashion, call me and old guy. But these cartoons are damn weird for me. What happened to the old friendly Saturday fun machine? If these cartoons were shown to me when I was a kid, It would traumatized me and I would probably be a serial killer by now.

I know that time has change, but I think it has change for the worst and not for the better.


4 comments:

monsanto said...

Weird, the trick is not to let them the FIRST time.

But we used to watch violent cartoons naman when we were kids. Bugs playing with dynamites? If that did not make us terrorsits, then nothing to worry about right?

I am more concerned with violent movie commercial on kiddie channels on cable lately. James Bond on Nick jr.? WTF!
Also the condom commercials. A kid from my son's school was reported asking for a strawberry flavored FRENZY! Please lord help us!!!!!

Gio Paredes said...

>>>But we used to watch violent cartoons naman when we were kids. Bugs playing with dynamites? If that did not make us terrorsits, then nothing to worry about right?

Sabagay...but in fairness hindi ko naman nilalahat. Magagaling din ang magagaling din ang creative team ng mga ilang cartoons today like Sponge Bob and Mr.Bean Animation.
Hindi lang talaga ako natatawa duon sa 3 nabangit ko eh.

----
>>> I am more concerned with violent movie commercial on kiddie channels on cable lately. James Bond on Nick jr.? WTF!
Also the condom commercials. A kid from my son's school was reported asking for a strawberry flavored FRENZY! Please lord help us!!!!!

Hahahaha... Grabe, elementary pa lang alam na ang FRENZY Condom. Buti ka nga eh, puro Boy ang anak mo... Sa akin puro Girls...doble bantay ako.

Reno said...

Tama si Gilbert. Noong araw, msasabi mong violent ang mga cartoons tulad ng looney Tunes, Woody Woodpecker, Tom & Jerry... Yung Roadrunner nga e gusto siyang KAININ nung kalaban niya!!!

Lalo pa yung Three Stooges. Sa tingin ko hindi mo ipapapanod sa anka mo yung mga iyon ngayon. :)

Anonymous said...

SOBRANG GANDA KAYA NG ART NG COURAGE AT GRIM!!!

isang genre ng art na naiiba sa usual...

:nods: