Sunday, January 25, 2009

I am a stubborn guy.

I am a stubborn guy.

I refuse to give up even if I have already failed many times. I never loosed hope even if I see many people are backing out and going the other way and just passes me by. A well known artist once told me that my drawing is no good and yet, here I am, going to publish another issue of Kalayaan this coming month.

I remember a week ago, when I was interviewed by a group of student from P.U.P. (where I also graduated) . Part of the interview, I have talked that this is just something I have to do. This is a personal thing for me. I need to prove to my self that I can create and publish my own comic book. I have told the students that back in 2007, when I was just to publish my very first comics, I made up my mind. I just don't care what other people would say anymore. I don't care weather they would tell how much my work sucks. I won't be bother if it would not sell. It is a personal thing for me.

Today, I just received an email reply from a publisher that I have pitch my comics a few months ago. My work is rejected. And they have said something similar like “come back to us after a few years from now when your art is better”. Even if it was not the reply that I was hoping for. I am still grateful for them, for taking the time and reading my stuff. All of this time I just thought that they never got my email, or just simply ignored me.

I am a stubborn guy, but even stubborn guy get depressed once in a while.

8 comments:

Mark Rosario said...

Gio, just keep in mind that no successful person has ever reached the top without encountering a lot of stones along the way. Now those stones could either be considered as stumbling blocks or stepping stones :)

Just go on, man. Someday, they'll regret that they rejected you :D

Gio Paredes said...

Thanks Markus,
Okay lang naman sa akin yun, ganun talaga ang buhay eh.

Nakaka depress lang talaga kasi last week lang nasira totally ang desktop pc ko, tapos eto naman ngayon.

Pero okay lang, cheese burger lang katapat nyan. Happy na uli ako. :D

monsanto said...

Wag ka madepress, kailangan machallenge ka. Pakinggan ang rejection pero wag itanim sa puso, sa utak. Kala mo ako never na reject sa almost 20 years ko sa komiks?

Panggising lang ang mga iyan. For to do better. Kung may pagkukulang punuan. Kung may gustong itulak, patunayan!

Ganyan yan Gov Gio! :)

Gio Paredes said...

Tama po yan Sarge.
Kaya nga dapat lalong pag butihin ang gawa. Every issue of Kalayaan gusto kong ipakita yung improvement.

Ang hindi ko lang talaga alam eh bakit Gov. Gio ang tawag nyo sa akin? :D

Hazel Manzano said...

ano yun, nagreject sila dahil sa art? e sa totoo lang medyo madugo na nga gawin yung art style mo tapos haluan ba naman ng killer story... (huy yung sex este love life ni kalayaan ha, lagyan mo!) mark is right. so just go, man! you can also explore self publishing

Gio Paredes said...

Hello Hazel,
Sabi nila eh "still in its developing
stage" pa daw ang art style ko. In a way, tama naman sila. Kaya all I have to do is to better my work. And pag patuloy na lang ang self publishing.

Natawa naman ako dun sa sex life/love life ni Kalayaan, heheh. :D
Pero ang totoo nyan ay may story na akong naka pila para dun, pang Valentines special. Kaso medyo matatagalan pa yun. Ang daming indie na kumausap sa akin na gustong maki crossover eh. Nakakatuwa at medyo flattering nga ng konti.

Kaso nga lang yung love story ni John/Kalayaan eh tragic ulit eh. Broken heated kasi sya eh. Sometimes, nag dadalawang isip nga ako kung gagawin ko o hindi, kasi masyadong personal para sa akin ang story na iyon.

Ano sa tingin mo?

Hazel Manzano said...

uu tama... ma brobroken heart sha ng matagal... ending na lagyan ng babaeng mapapakasalan niya. tipong gagaguhin sha ng babae pero wala shang lakas lumaban or nagpakasal nga sha pero hindi magka anak. unless you want a spiderman or superman love story na napaka ideal.

Gio Paredes said...

Hmmm, ayos yun ah...
Magandang story yun ah.

Pwede ka palang script writer ng telenobela Hazel.
Apply ka kaya sa ABS-CBN.. :D