Sunday, July 15, 2007

7 random facts about me

1.) I was a Ninja
When I was a kid growing up in the 80's. My hobby was creating different kinds of weapons of a ninja. I probably had the most vast array of ninja weapons in our neighborhood. But I was not alone with this. My cousins and elementary classmates also do this. But the more cooler stuff was the one I made (ha ha). Some of them I still have it today, boxed and hidden away someplace safe.

I was heavily influenced by Sho Kosugi Ninja Movies. And also there were movies like “American Ninja” and Lee Van Cleef’s “The Master” TV series.

I also have a complete ninja suit as well. One time, my brother took a picture of me wearing it, together with all of my weapons displayed. But I will never show it here(ha ha). 


2.) I was crazy over G.I. Joe when I was a kid.
Back then… I probably have the most G.I. Joe toys and comics in our neighborhood. I also still have them today, boxed and hidden away someplace safe next to my ninja weapons (hehehe).

3.) I have a diverse personality
I was a mathematician in college, a computer programmer at work and a comic book artist on my free time. What else could I say….. ah… I’m a technology/computer geek and a nature lover as well. I also love rap music and slow love music as well.. (diverse talaga ako. hahaha)

4.) I sometimes talk to my self.
Call me crazy but that’s ok…. most programmers also talk to them selves as well. Sometimes I see my wife staring at me as she sees me talking to my self.. (haha).

5.) I was a trouble maker.
When I was in elementary and High school. I often had a fist fight with my classmates. One time (I think I was in my 3rd year high school), I punched my classmate in the face so hard that my knuckles went numb. That was despite that I was the class president… (oh man.).

6.) I’m a Trekkie
I love Star Trek so much that I even named my youngest child after one of its captains. My daughters name is Ma. Jane Catherine (Named after Capt. Catherine Janeway of U.S.S. Starship Voyager). I also have a vast collection of episodes of Star Trek TOS,TNG,DS9, Voyager and Enterprise. But I don’t read Star Trek books or Star Trek comic books.

7.) I love simple and easy to cook foods.
I love daing, tuyo and fried rice combined with scrambled egg and a sliced tomato as side dish on a rainy day. (It’s better than sex)

No comments: