Monday, September 17, 2007

Quezon memorial circle


Me and my kids went to Quezon memorial circle last Sunday for a family day out. I really wanted to go somewhere quiet and relax with my family, because I noticed lately that I have been very busy with my work. I wanted to spend some quality time with my kids. And aside from that, I wanted to take a picture of Quezon monument. For quite some time now, I wanted to draw a pin-up of Kalayaan with the Quezon monument as the background. But I could not do it, since I do not have any visual reference of the monument. Specially those 3 angels on top of it. I do not have any idea if it is a male, female or a child. I will just post the pin-up of that drawing here in the future, once I found some time to do it.

Aside from strolling around quezon city circle, it has also become an educational tour for my kids. They were very curious about many stuff pertaining that place, specially for my eldest daughter Vannesa. The only thing that kind of disappoint me was the fact that the Quezon Memorial Museum (which is underneath the monument) is CLOSED on Sunday. Ohhh my gulay, there is a printed message there that says "due to conserving energy (mainly electricity) the museum is only opened at Tuesday to Saturday". I for one does not have any objection on conserving energy. But the thing that irritates me is that they are not using their heads (who is ever responsible for scheduling the time and day). Because we all know that Sunday has no work and most of us, it is the only time we go out with our families. And it is the time were Malls and other public places has the most people around. And what do they when there are many people (or tourist) around? They close the museum. Duhhhh.... Would it hurt them to use some of the gray matter between their ears, assuming that they have one .

No comments: