Monday, September 24, 2007

Wish granted by Sterling

I just came from a meeting with Mr. Martin S. Cadlum (VP for Marketing) of Sterling. And I might say that my wishes (from my previous post) have been granted. It is still premature to say it, but I think pretty much of the dream of an Indie comics creator like me is very much in the not so distant future. A bunch of Indie creators were there. Jon Zamar (of Digmaan) greated me,Jonas Diego and the Culture crash gang were there also. Sterling is very serious on releasing a brand new titles. This is totally Sterling and the Independent creator of the comics. Carlo J. Caparas is out in this picture. But they will still retain the existing titles.

Wish#1 -
The paper quality
Mr. Cadlum said that this new titles will definitely have a better paper than the previous 5 titles. And the proposed selling price is P20 (Exactly what I predicted/wished that should be).

Wish #2 - Higher page rate
Regarding the page rate is still in the process. But what Mr. Cadlum has proposed to us, for me is much much better than a page rate.

Wish #3 - Super hero based stories
As for this, the artist/creator has the total control over his creation, stories, characters etc.

No comments: