Monday, November 19, 2007

Komikon w/ known people

At long last, I have finally met Reno (creator of Maskarado) in person. He is one of the person at I admire the most in local comics. He had also released the Maskarado 15th anniversary portfolio which he made a 7 page tandem of Maskarado and my very own Kalayaan. It sure is nice to see my character on capable hands.
Me again with Azrael. The main man behind the Philippine Toy Convention held a few months ago.
Me again with John Becaro. One of the nicest guy I met at the convention. The thing that amaze me with this guy is that he remains to be humble despite that he is a great comic book artist. Nakakahiya tuloy sa kanya when I miss pronounce his last name. I said "Bakero" instead of "Becaro".
Me with Gerry Alanguilan. I was so nervous when he purchase issue #1 and 2 of Kalayaan.
Carlo Vergara (creator to Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah). Another nice person that I met. I just cant believe that he bought my comics.

There were also other people that I have met that I forgot to get a picture. Such as Wilson Tortosa (Battle of the Planets), Ian Sta. Maria (Sky World) and Ed Tadeo.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sir, ikaw pala yung nakita ko sa Comicon. Dapat pala nakabili ako ng comics mo. Nakakahilo kasi nung Saturday eh. Tsaka medyo conservative buyer ako. Pero palagay ko pag nagkaron ng pagkakataon.

Natatandaan ko yung face mo dun sa Comicon. Tinigilan ko kasi ng matagal yung table mo. Andun ka pala. Di ko kasi alam kung sino creator eh.

- Jerwin

Gio Paredes said...

Hello Jerwin,

If your still interested, available pa rin ang Kalayaan comics ko sa comic odyssey Robinsons galleria, Robinsons Manila, Sky bucks SM Fairview at Druids keep magallanes.

Pag nag meet tayo next comic con bigyan kita ng Poster. :-)

Anonymous said...

sure bili ako. i wish we had a chitchat though. medyo intrigued kasi ako sa mga characters na nakita sa comicon kaya i want to know them better. no better way to do that than talk with the creators.

- Jerwin