Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Old Friends



After many years of not seeing each other, me and my old classmates had a little reunion last Monday, during the holiday. We email and sometimes chat with each other once in a while, but there is nothing like seeing and talking to the real thing.

Majority of us all have our own kids now. And some decided to bring theirs (I did not bring mine). In some ways, when I saw their kids playing with each other. I kinda saw me and my classmates when were still back in collage. When I was still in college, I still consider my self as a kid and not an adult.

Most of them are really doing very well. One of them just came back from Canada. Three who attended already have their own car. Other could not attend because they are still in abroad. Without any envy (maybe a little bit :-D) I can say that I am very very happy for them. Because back on the old days of our collage life in P.U.P. Sta.Mesa Manila. I can say that we all came from a very poor family. One of us even lived near a bridge and has a torn down house. They have earth as the floor of their living room. And with a great determination on his studies, that same person now lives in L.A. and drives a very nice car and has a comfortable house. This guy is not so smart, but rather he is just a good hard working guy and never gives up on life. Before he went abroad I was surprise when he told me that he was taking Law. Unfortunately (or fortunately), opportunity abroad knocks on his door and He and his wife now lives a happy life on that foreign land.

No comments: