Thursday, June 19, 2008

1st Year Anniversary

One year and 80 sequential pages ago, I published my very first comics. But prior to that, I had no idea on publishing. I only know how to draw. But with some help from people that had gone the path before me. I was able to pull it off (with some few mistakes here and there of course). I am forever in you debt guys. I also would like to thank friends that helped me in their own little way on creating some of the currently created issues. People that commented inspiring words that helps me continue. And also, I would like to thank a few people that told me that I am not good enough and should stick to computer programming instead. Thanks to you too, because those kinds of words that makes me stay awake late at night drawing more pages, making more pages than I normally would have. And thanks to everybody that have bought a copy of my comics.

Many thanks to you all. And I promise that I will do my very best to make the succeeding issue better than its previous one. I believe that this journey is like a spiral path going up wards. I would like to make both the story and art better and better.

And my last words for the readers of KALAYAAN comics.....
You aint seen nothing yet. :-)


2 comments:

Mark Rosario said...

You've achieved much in one year than what most of your naysayers can in their lifetime. Heheh.. Keep it up, Gio - and congratulations! More years ahead :)

Gio Paredes said...

Thanks a lot Markus.

For one year I felt so tired, but fulfilled.

I felt always busy, but satisfied.

And people like you make it all worth while. :-)